Brisbane South PHN’s geographic boundary is directly aligned with that of the Metro South Health local hospital network. This enables the efficient transfer of valuable knowledge and skills between organisations.
Click here to access the Department of Health’s interactive map to match a postcode with its PHN.
- 1.1 million (23% of the state’s population)
- Urban, rural and remote regions
Diverse range of population groups
- > 68% of Queensland’s refugee population
- 26,300 residents identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (2.3 per cent of the regional population)
Large proportion of vulnerable populations: CALD, refugees, older persons and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- 319 general practices
- 1,325 General Practitioners
- 6 GP visits per person
- 600 nurse and midwife practitioners
- 203 community pharmacies
- Approximately 2700 allied health professionals
- Seven public hospitals: Beaudesert Hospital, Logan Hospital, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital, QEII Jubilee Hospital, Redland Hospital and Mater Public Hospital.
- Six private hospitals: Greenslopes Private Hospital, Mater Private, Mater Mothers’ Private Brisbane, Mater Mothers’ Private Redland, St Vincent’s Private Hospital and Sunnybank Private Hospital.
- Eight community health centres: Beenleigh CHC, Browns Plains CHC, Corinda CHC, Eight Mile Plains CHC, Inala CHC, Logan Central CHC, Marie Rose Centre and Redland Health Service Centre.
- Five Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Services
Four local government authorities: Brisbane City, Logan City, Redland City and Scenic Rim Regional.