Capability and competency framework
A new Capability and Competency Framework has been designed by the Brisbane South PHN Leadership Team to examine key aspects of the organisation’s vision, values, purpose and goals to clearly identify the relevant success behaviours to ensure that Brisbane South PHN is a high-performing organisation, achieving improvements in health care for our communities.
Position descriptions were also updated using the framework along with a new, simplified position template, designed to remove repetition and provide greater clarity about the organisation, key responsibilities and the skills, experience and qualifications required for each role.
Brisbane South PHN corporate governance statement
- strategic direction, planning and monitoring of vision and strategic objectives and clear corporate values.
- lay solid foundations for management and oversight of the organisation.
- clear roles and responsibilities of the Board and CEO, with effective Board and committee structures.
- efficient planning and policy setting, particularly around risk, financial, information and people management.
- clear lines of accountability to local communities, the Commonwealth and to the National Performance Authority.
- quality of performance monitored against national and local standards in the delivery and contracting of services.
- reporting arrangements that are simple, relevant and robust; with timely and balanced disclosure.
- effective governance to ensure probity and value for money.
- compliance with statutory obligations.
Our new organisational structure was adopted in December 2016 to align to our strategic plan and ensure we respond effectively to our purpose of understanding needs, engaging and working within the healthcare system and local communities to improve health and wellbeing.