Brisbane South PHN plays a key role in working with a range of primary health care services and health professionals to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of services for patients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes.
The Brisbane South PHN region covers a large geographic area south of the Brisbane River, and includes metropolitan, rural and remote island locations.
Our efforts are focussed on improving the system for everyone – individuals, families, communities, health professionals, key stakeholders and the primary health sector.
We support the primary health sector in a number of ways:
• we provide support services so health service providers can be better placed to deliver care to patients, keeping them healthy and out of hospital
• we provide workforce development through training and education
• we work with practices to understand and use eHealth systems
• through careful analysis and planning, we help to identify and address health service gaps
• we work with others to purchase or commission health services for local groups most in need, including patients with complex chronic conditions or mental illness.