Our strategic plan and values
One of the important ways we can improve whole of life health and wellbeing across our region is through a well-coordinated primary health sector.
Brisbane South PHN plays a key role in working with a range of primary health care services and health professionals to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of services for patients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes.
OUR VALUES: Courage, Respect, Integrity, Synergy, Purpose
OUR VISION: Better System, Better Health
A well-coordinated primary health sector improving whole-of-life health and wellbeing across our region
OUR PURPOSE: Improving Health Care for our Communities
To understand needs, engage and work within the health care system and local communities to improve health and wellbeing.
BETTER KNOWLEDGE: Evidence-based planning
- Manage knowledge, information and data to measure, monitor and report on population health and wellbeing, health needs, risks, inequalities and use of services.
- Focus on the social determinants of health and health inequalities including in the areas of greatest need.
- Monitor and measure performance, impact and outcomes to ensure improvements in patient experience, population health and community benefit.
BETTER COORDINATION: Collaborative partnerships and networks
- Proactively and strategically engage to inform and influence change.
- Coordinate collaboration across agencies and boundaries to improve the system.
- Communicate, connect and inform the community and the primary health sector using a range of networking tools and digital media.
BETTER HEALTH: Accessible, appropriate, patient-centred health care
- Co-design and commission services and interventions to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequalities.
- Lead a patient-centred, consumer-focused approach to service integration.
- Work with all levels of health care and health providers in the development and implementation of models of coordinated care.
- Strengthen the capacity of the primary health care workforce to promote, protect and improve regional health.
BETTER ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE: Excellence in organisational capability and culture
- Establish and maintain responsible, transparent, independent and inclusive governance.
- Build and maintain a corporate environment that promotes a system of leadership at all levels.
- Encourage a culture built on transparency, inclusiveness, diversity, fairness, innovative thinking and teamwork.
- Ensure organisational and individual agility to rapidly respond positively and effectively to change and to continuously improve.
- Deliver an integrated approach to planning, commissioning, program delivery and performance monitoring.
To learn more about Brisbane South PHN’s Strategic Plan and Values click on the link below.