Our strategic plan and values
One of the important ways we can improve whole of life health and wellbeing across our region is through a well-coordinated primary health sector.
Brisbane South PHN plays a key role in working with a range of primary health care services and health professionals to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of services for patients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes.
Courage, respect, integrity, synergy and purpose
Better System, Better Health
Our purpose is to understand regional needs, engage and work within the health care system and with local communities to improve health and wellbeing for everyone. We aim to do this through a well-coordinated and collaborative primary healthcare system.
Improving health care for our communities can only be achieved through our committed focus on four strategic goals.
These strategies include:
BETTER KNOWLEDGE: Evidence-based planning
- Collaborate in the management and alignment of data and information to ensure evidence-based planning and decision-making.
- Plan with a focus on the social determinants of health, health inequalities, health behaviours and access to and use of services.
- Monitor and measure performance, impact and outcomes to ensure improvements in patient experience, population health and community benefit.
BETTER COORDINATION: Collaborative partnerships and networks
- Coordinate collaboration across agencies and boundaries to improve the system.
- Work in partnership with hospitals, primary health providers and professionals in addressing priority health needs.
- Empower the community through an inclusive focus on engagement, awareness raising and health literacy.
- Connect, communicate and inform the community and the primary health sectors
BETTER HEALTH: Accessible, appropriate, patient-centred health care
- Lead a patient-centred, collaborative care approach to service integration and the development and implementation of models of coordinated care.
- Plan, co-design and commission services and interventions to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequalities with a specific focus on vulnerable and targeted population groups.
- Apply emerging technologies to enable and support patient-centred and integrated care.
- Continue to strengthen the capacity of the primary health care workforce to promote, protect and improve regional health.
BETTER ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE: Excellence in organisational capability and culture
- Maintain responsible, transparent, independent and inclusive governance.
- Maintain a corporate environment that promotes a system of leadership at all levels.
- Encourage a culture built on transparency, inclusiveness, diversity, fairness, innovative thinking and teamwork.
- Deliver an integrated approach to planning, commissioning, program delivery and performance monitoring.
To learn more about Brisbane South PHN’s strategic plan and values click on the link below.