Allied health professionals
This page is for allied health professionals (AHPs) working in the Brisbane South PHN catchment, and for healthcare professionals who need to connect with, or refer patients to allied health professionals.
Allied health professionals are an integral part of the primary healthcare team providing specialist services for people of all ages and with various health issues — children, older people, people with chronic conditions, mental health issues, disabilities and those requiring rehabilitation.
Allied health professionals include audiologists, chiropractors, diabetes educators, dieticians, dentists, exercise physiologists, mental health nurses, physiotherapists, podiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, optometrists, osteopaths, social workers and speech pathologists.
Brisbane South PHN’s Area Account Managers are the best way to find out how you can better connect with other primary healthcare providers and help contribute to the health of our community.
Visit the Area Account Managers page here.
Multilingual Allied Health Professionals
Brisbane South PHN is committed to supporting the needs of our Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities.
To better support healthcare needs in these vulnerable communities, Brisbane South PHN has developed a directory of Allied Health Professionals who have identified as being able to speak and consult in a language other than English.
This resource is available for anyone seeking an Allied Health Professional who may be able to provide a non-English consultative service. To register or access our Multilingual AHP directory, please see Interpreting for Allied Health Professionals below.
What Brisbane South PHN is doing
Brisbane South PHN supports AHPs by:
- coordinating multidisciplinary education and events that meet the professional development needs of the whole primary healthcare team (browse our education calendar here)
- disseminating allied health specific communications
- connecting you with an Area Account Manager and various practice support resources and opportunities
- advertising Expressions of Interest and Tenders on our website and through other communication channels
Interpreting for Allied Health Professionals
Brisbane South PHN has established the Interpreting for Allied Health Professionals Program to:
- support access to private allied health services for non-English speaking clients.
- ensure interpreter services are available to private allied health services to communicate with non-English speaking clients.
If you would like to be considered for the program in the future, please complete the EOI application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 07 3864 7599. EOIs will be kept on file and reviewed quarterly with consideration to local need and program capacity. Brisbane South PHN will communicate the outcome of your EOI via email.
A directory has been compiled of Allied Health Professionals who have identified as multilingual. To register for the Multicultural AHP directory, please click here.
Interdisciplinary Health Practitioner Network (West Brisbane)
Department of Health
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people: Information on health assessments and follow-up allied health services
- Chronic Disease Management — allied health individual services
- Compliance education for health professionals
- Disability — Better Start for Children with Disability initiative
- Helping Children with Autism program
- MBS Online (Medicare Benefits Schedule)
- Type 2 Diabetes allied health group programs
- Department of Human Services allied health professionals page
- HPOS (Health Professional Online Services)
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs – Allied health professionals page
- Office of the Health Ombudsman – information for health service providers
- WorkCover Queensland – Medical and allied health page