Communities of Practice (CoP)
Brisbane South PHN is establishing new Communities of Practice (CoP) to support local health practitioners with similar special interest areas, including:
- Allied Health Sole Practitioners CoP (Whole region)
- Children and young people CoP (Inner South)
- Chronic conditions CoP (West)
- Multicultural health CoP (South East)
- NDIS CoP (Outer South)
- Older adults CoP (Bayside).
What is a community of practice?
A Community of Practice is a group of people who share a concern or a passion for something they do, and learn how to do it better as they interact regularly (Wenger–Trayner, 2015).
Why should you join a community of practice?
By joining one of our CoP you will be involved in determining the type of support you would most value from Brisbane South PHN. Busy practitioners need a one-stop-shop for:
- Building your knowledge and expertise, while meeting other like-minded practitioners
- Further developing your referral networks and relationships with other practices
- Knowledge sharing between service providers and finding out about the latest evidence, resources and programs for your patients
- Bringing any local issues/challenges/concerns to the table and having a group of peers to workshop ideas and advocate for change.
Please visit our education, events and training calendar for more information.