Partners In Recovery
The Partners in Recovery (PIR) model adopts a recovery culture that encourages self-determination and self-management of mental health and wellbeing.
Partners in Recovery supports people with severe and persistent mental health issues, along with their carers and families, by facilitating multiple support services to address their complex care needs and improve their wellbeing.
Partners in Recovery works together with people to:
- access clinical services appropriate to their needs
- access community support and related services
- coordinate services to meet their needs
- encourage a journey of recovery.
For more information about Partners in Recovery please contact the Brisbane South Central Intake team on 07 3441 3010
Brisbane South PHN is the lead agency for the Partners in Recovery program and is supported by funding from the Australian Government through the PHN Program.
Who is Partners in Recovery for?
Brisbane South PHN Partners in Recovery program works with people who meet all of the following criteria:
- are over 25 years of age to 64 years
- have severe and persistent mental health issues
- have complex needs that require services from multiple agencies
- require substantial assistance to access the right services to meet their needs
- require help to organise the services already supporting their needs
- have no existing coordination arrangements in place to assist in accessing services.
How to refer?
- PIR Referral Form – Best Practice and Medical Director
- PIR Referral Form Fact Sheet
- PIR General Brochure
For more information or referrals to the Partners in Recovery program contact the Brisbane South Central Intake team on 07 3441 3010 or complete a Partners in Recovery Referral form available at bsphn.org.au and fax to 07 3299 3713 or via clinical practice software.
Who can refer?
Individuals, family, friends, health professionals, agencies, hospital and health services who have consent of the person. A GP referral is not a requirement of the program.
We work with our partner organisations at the local level to understand our community’s needs and to ensure that people with complex needs don’t fall through the system gaps. These partners are:
07 3435 2600
07 3170 4600 benevolent.org.au
Gallang Place Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation
07 3899 5041
Micah Projects Inc
07 3029 7000
07 3375 7333
Richmond Fellowship Queensland
07 3363 2674
07 3343 9282
Stepping Stone Clubhouse
07 3847 1058
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing psychosocial disability support so that people can enjoy an ordinary life. The NDIS recognises that everyone’s needs and goals are different.
Partners in Recovery (PIR) funding transitioned to the NDIS in Scenic Rim, Brisbane, Logan and Redlands City from 1 July 2017 to 1 July 2018.
To ensure service continuity and smooth transition the PIR program will continue until 30 June 2019.
Supporting transition to National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Partners in Recovery will assist program participants with:
- determining eligibility for the NDIS
- supporting the application process
- implementing a participants NDIS plan
- continuity of support for all PIR participants during the NDIS transition phase, regardless of eligibility.
Find out more about getting NDIS ready, visit NDIS Miway.
Click here to download the psychosocial disability recovery and NDIS fact sheet.
Brisbane South PHN PIR welcomes your feedback to help us improve our service for participants, families and carers. Please complete our short survey to indicate if we are meeting your needs and those of other participants, families and carers. The surveys are voluntary and completely confidential: