Brisbane South PHN is delivering an exciting new project in general practice that provides education, support and mentoring to practice nurses new or returning to general practice, or those transitioning from acute care.
The practice nurse support program aims to upskill new nurses with less than 12 months experience in the practice nurse workforce.
Support includes provision of training, mentoring and health coaching development, specifically focused on prevention, early intervention and self-management of chronic conditions.
Benefits for general practice, practice nurse and patients
- improved practice nurse knowledge and confidence
- improved quality of care for patients
- improved patient wellbeing through self-management of chronic conditions
- improved health screening rates
- a reduced burden on acute care.
Project participation requirements
- participation in the project for a 12 month period
- Practice Nurse Support Program agreement form signed
- attendance at education sessions
- completion of activities and competencies
- completion of questionnaires and evaluation forms.
Support and education provided
- upskilling on immunisation, health screening, chronic disease management, infection control, spirometry and more
external and in-practice education
- workshops, activities and online learning modules available
- support and mentoring via practice visits, phone and email.
Please complete the following details. For more information, please contact Practice Nurse Coordinator Michelle Gordon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 3864 7528.