Brisbane South PHN is delighted to announce that Wesley Mission Queensland and World Wellness Group were the successful applicants in the procurement process for the Psychological Therapies Program (previously known as ATAPS).
The two organisations will utilise their wide-ranging connections within the sector to increase service access for priority populations, improve quality of services and program-level clinical governance, strengthen data collection and opportunities for consumer feedback, drive innovation and integrate the psychological services across the broader stepped care model.
Wesley Mission Queensland will provide intake, assessment and triage as well as Psychological Therapies services targeted at vulnerable and/or socioeconomically disadvantaged populations. This service will specifically focus on:
- people living in rural and remote communities
- children under the age of 12 years, who have or are at risk of developing a mild to moderate mental illness, childhood behavioural or emotional disorders
- people experiencing, or who are at risk of, homelessness
- women experiencing perinatal depression/anxiety
- people at risk of suicide or self-harm
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Questioning
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
- people experiencing domestic and family violence.
World Wellness Group will administer the culturally and linguistically diverse psychological therapies service, including the intake, assessment and triage for corresponding referrals.
The newly commissioned Psychological Therapies Program took effect on 23 October 2017. At this stage the referral process has not changed, meaning all new referrals will be accepted through the Brisbane South PHN Central Intake system and forwarded onto Wesley Mission Queensland or World Wellness Group.
Once new services have established their Intake, Assessment and Triage systems a new referral process will be implemented. Further information on these changes will be communicated as it becomes available.
Brisbane South PHN looks forward to the roll-out of these new services. High quality, innovative and person-centred mental health support is a key strategic priority. Both Wesley Mission Queensland and World Wellness Group are well-positioned to integrate these mental health services into the stepped care model, resulting in increased access for the most vulnerable populations.