Queensland Health has been notified of a diagnosed case of measles on Brisbane’s Southside.
The child visited a number of locations whilst unknowingly infectious. Metro South Health (MSH) public health physician Dr Bhakti Vasant said residents in the Brisbane and Logan areas in particular needed to be alert for symptoms. People who may have come into contact with the child who are uncertain of their immunity to measles should speak to their GP immediately.
Locations the child visited while infectious are as follows:
- Thai Airways International flight TG 316 Delhi to Bangkok (departure 11:30pm, 21 May 2018, arrival 5:25am, 22 May 2018)
- Thai Airways International flight TG 477 Bangkok to Brisbane (departure 9:00am, 22 May 2018, arrival 7:50pm, 22 May 2018)
- Brisbane International Airport in the arrivals or baggage claim areas on Tuesday 22 May 2018 from 7:50pm to 9:45pm
- Target at the Springwood Shopping Mall on Friday 25 May between 2pm and 5pm
- Logan Emergency Department waiting room from 10pm, Thursday 24 May to 1:45am, Friday 25 May
- Logan Emergency Department ambulance bays Saturday 26 May 2018 from 6-7 pm.