Brisbane South PHN is delighted to introduce a Lived Experience Workforce Community of Practice (pilot project) for those who work or volunteer in community based organisations within the Brisbane South PHN region.
The aim of the pilot project is to build a foundation for a Lived Experience Workforce Community of Practice to grow and flourish in the Brisbane south region. This project is funded until 30 June 2019 to:
- be co-designed with people with lived experience who are engaged with organisations either in a voluntary or paid capacity
- encourage collaboration within the Brisbane south region
- build capacity of emerging peer leaders wherever possible
- complement other organisational support practices
- develop a flexible framework to meet the needs of different areas within the region.
You can assist us by:
- identifying potential participants who work or volunteer in your or other community organisations in the Brisbane South PHN region who may benefit from a Community of Practice
- sharing the invitation to our co-design event on Tuesday 26 and Wednesday 27 March 2019
- offering these participants time to attend the event. Travel expenses need to be covered by the participant or their organisation.
The primary focus will be on inviting individuals who work or volunteer in community organisations in the Brisbane South PHN region who are largely unsupported or may not be in a lived experience identified work role. We acknowledge the expertise and knowledge of peer workers from mental health services and they will be very welcome to contribute and participate. Please note that voluntary participation is important.
For additional information, please contact:
Jen Barrkman firstname.lastname@example.org 0405 110 955
Mel Geltch email@example.com 0400 412 498