Each year Brisbane South PHN prepares a ‘Needs Assessment’ in partnership with Metro South Health, Children’s Health Queensland, Mater Health Services and the local community.
Health professionals, people who work in the health sector and members of the Brisbane South community are invited to participate in improving local health outcomes. Brisbane South PHN will use the confidential responses to ensure the Needs Assessment reflects a collaborative approach in accordance with the organisation’s vision of ‘Better System, Better Health’.
For more information please visit the Engagement Portal.
- Brisbane South PHN 2018 Needs Assessment summary
- Brisbane South PHN 2018 Needs Assessment
- Whole of Region Needs Assessment (WORNA) Refresh 2016
- Whole of Region Needs Assessment (WORNA) 2016
Activity Work Plans
- 2019-21 Activity Work Plan: Integrated team care funding
- 2018-19 Core Operational and Flexible (incl. After Hours and GP Support)
- 2018-19 National Psychosocial Support Measure
- 2016-19 Primary Mental Health Care
- 2016-19 Drug and Alcohol Treatment
- 2017-2020 Greater Choice for At Home Palliative Care
Brisbane South PHN developed the Primary Health Care Digital Health Strategy and Roadmap 2018 – 2021, Brisbane south region (Digital Health Strategy and Roadmap) to identify shared digital health priorities and guide action to support adoption and use of digital health technologies in primary health care that will contribute to improving health and wellbeing in the Brisbane south region.
Mental health, suicide prevention, and alcohol and other drugs
In 2017 Brisbane South PHN commenced a planning process to create a regional mental health, suicide prevention, and alcohol and other drug strategy and roadmap for 2019-2022. The final Brisbane South Mental Health, Suicide Prevention, and Alcohol and Other Drug (MHSPAOD) Strategy 2019-2022 and roadmap articulates a system-wide vision for future provision of services in Brisbane south which has been developed based on information from the 2018 Needs Assessment and through extensive consultation with the public sector, private and non-government service providers, primary care, consumers and carers.
- Brisbane South Mental Health, Suicide Prevention, and Alcohol and Other Drug (MHSPAOD) Strategy 2019-2022