Self-care and support
COVID-19 is having a huge impact on the lives of people all over the world. It’s natural, under these extraordinary circumstances, to feel overwhelmed, anxious, confused or unsettled. There is no ‘right’ way for you to feel right now, and remember that it’s OK to be not OK.
If your feelings are overwhelming you or you need someone to talk to, Brisbane South PHN has a range of services available to everyone in our community. We’re here to help, so reach out when you need us.
Brisbane South PHN’s services can support people experiencing all different levels of mental ill health. Have a look at the services available in Brisbane, Redlands and Logan/Beaudesert and see how we can help you.
Some other ways you can look after your mental wellbeing include:
- staying connected with friends and family via phone or online
- acknowledging that your feelings are normal, and expressing them by writing them down, talking them through with someone else, or practising mindfulness or meditation
- sticking to a routine as much as possible and making time for healthy activities such as eating well, sleeping, showering, being physically active and relaxing at the same times each day
- reading or watching only reliable sources of COVID-19 information, and limiting the amount of information you consume each day
- getting professional help from a doctor, counsellor or other mental health service if your symptoms get worse.
The Australian Government Head to Health website also has information and resources about maintaining good mental health during COVID-19.
If you are in need of urgent mental health support the following services may be able to assist you. If you are in an emergency situation and require immediate medical attention, contact Triple Zero (000) for assistance.