- 05 Dec 2023
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Women’s heart masterclass
The Monash Victorian Heart Institute invites primary care physicians, cardiologists, endocrinologists nurses, allied health professionals, and students, to attend our Women’s Heart Masterclass.
- Chairperson Prof Steve Nicholls
- Unique aspects of cardiac disease in women Dr Esther Davis
- Menopause and heart disease A/Prof Amanda Vincent
- Cardiac disease in pregnancy Dr Siobhan Lockwood
Cardiovascular disease (in aggregate) is the leading cause of mortality in Australian women however it remains underrecognised, underdiagnosed and undertreated. Managing and diagnosing CVD in women presents an increasingly challenging landscape for clinicans and health professionals to navigate. Our masterclass provides expert content and practical advice to increase awareness and provide a comprehensive update on cardiac risk factors relevant to women.
HOW TO REGISTER
The Masterclass will be available in person and online. Limited tickets are available for in-person attendance so be sure to register by visiting our registration portal (bit.ly/womensheartmasterclass)
- Describe the burden of cardiovascular disease in women
- Describe cardiovascular risk factors in women, particularly those unique to women
- Determine cardiac conditions that are more common in women
- Consider the use of hormonal therapies in women with cardiac disease
- Determine appropriate follow up and referral for patients with cardiac disease planning pregnancy