REGISTER: Click here to register. Registrations close on Friday, 2 March. The Australian Association of Practice Management (AAPM) and Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association
REGISTER: Click here to register. Registrations close on Friday, 2 March.
The Australian Association of Practice Management (AAPM) and Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association are jointly holding the Magic of Collaboration Workshop for Practice Managers and Nurses at Calamvale Hotel.
Session 1: The Workforce
- workforce projections Nurses and Practice Managers need to be aware of
- how can a practice keep the clinical team valued and adding value
- true scope of practice: How does a Nurse determine their scope of practice? How does the Practice Manager know what is acceptable?
Session 2: Governance
- professional job descriptions
- how to communicate with the Nurse to endorse collaboration
- how to manage clinical staff
- reporting processes
- collaboratively refining the details of scope of practice.
Session 3: Professionalism and Risk
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: How is the nurse covered in the practice policy? Do nurses need individual insurance? What happens in the event of an adverse outcome?
- ENs and RNs: The roles, responsibilities and arrangements of supervision
- What are the risks when a nurse does home visits?
- The Medical Practice Assistant: How do they fit? What is their position description?
Session 4: APRHA Requirements
- random audits
- what does a nurse need to show?
- what should the practice keep?
Session 5: How to get your Practice Humming
- nurse-led clinics: Chronic Disease Management, CVC Veterans, CTG, Specialised Areas
- business cases
- increasing efficiency
- MBS billing and common errors
- responsible billing using a Doctors provider number.
Session 6: The Nurses Career Framework
More information to follow. AAPM reserves the right to change the program without notice.
Registration fees are as follows:
- AAPM members/staff – $195
- Non-members – $295
Light refreshments and lunch are included in the above fee. Complimentary parking is available onsite.
This event attracts 30 CPD points for AAPM members, which will be automatically allocated post event.
(Friday) 8:30 am - 4:30 pm AEST
Australian Association of Practice Management (AAPM)