- 29 Nov 2023
- 6:00 am - 8:30 pm
Are you thin skinned?
An education evening exploring the complexities and challenges of maintaining and protecting the skin integrity of our older patients. A minor traumatic injury in an older adult can potentially become a major long-term wound requiring complex care and multiple resources, causing frustration, pain and reliance on medical and nursing services.
Whether you are a beginner or veteran, you will find this evening relevant, interesting and informative.
In-person and livestream options for members of Wounds Australia.
In-person option only for non-members.
- Pressure injury prevention and management in the older adult
- The WRAP: Wound Resource Action Plan (evidence-based wound management in a rehabilitation setting)
- More topics to come
Expert presenters include:
- Dr Michael Cao, Dermatology Registrar, Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Jenny Kohlhardt, Clinical Nurse Consultant, Geriatric and Rehabilitation Unit, Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Tracy Nowicki, Clinical Nurse Consultant, Prince Charles Hospital
Date: Wednesday 29 November 2023 5.00pm – 8.30pm (registration and supper from 5.00pm, presentations from 6.00pm)
Event includes Annual Members Meeting from 6.50pm-7.00pm
Venue: Princess Alexandra Hospital, Russell Strong Auditorium, Ipswich Rd Woolloongabba 4102
Parking: Parking details here.
Livestream (members only): $19
Student (must show ID at venue): FREE (limited spots)
Find out more and register via the booking link: Are You Thin-Skinned?