01mar8:45 am4:30 pmBenchmarque Ear and Hearing Health8:45 am - 4:30 pm Kedron-Wavell Services Club Cost: $475 Target Audience: Audience: nurses, General Practitioners and relevant allied health care workers
The Course in Ear and Hearing Health aims to provide eligible participants specific skills and knowledge to perform ear health examinations and provide basic point of care hearing evaluations. The
The Course in Ear and Hearing Health aims to provide eligible participants specific skills and knowledge to perform ear health examinations and provide basic point of care hearing evaluations. The course provides knowledge to allow successful students to provide management strategies and understand referral pathways for specialist care in relation to a range of conditions, based on detailed knowledge of the anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology of the auditory system. Vocational outcomes include: enhanced clinical practice, addition of skills to scope of practice, and ear health assessment clinician.
On the successful completion of the program, participants should have the skills and knowledge to:
- assess and determine factors that affect ear and hearing health, assess the client’s physical and pathophysiological auditory status and seek advice where appropriate. The major focus of the unit is on physical auditory assessment
- provide education, develop management plans, identify and manage hygiene issues regarding ear and hearing
- health, and provide ongoing management where complex needs regarding ear and hearing health are required
- perform wax removal procedures where deemed appropriate and safe
- perform ear health screening assessments on children.
REGISTRATION: Click for Registration
DATE: 1 March 2019
TIMES: Start 8.45am and finish 4.30pm
VENUE: Kedron-Wavell Services Club 21 Kittyhawk Drive Chermside 4032
(Friday) 8:45 am - 4:30 pm
Kedron-Wavell Services Club
Brisbane North PHN