REGISTER: Click here to register. Register early as places are limited and will fill quickly. The Benchmarque Group is holding a free Chronic Disease Support
REGISTER: Click here to register. Register early as places are limited and will fill quickly.
The Benchmarque Group is holding a free Chronic Disease Support Program at The Glen Hotel.
The Chronic Disease Support Program is driven by a desire to create better health for clients, reduced hospital admissions, better patient compliance and the provision of care by those best qualified to provide advice. The Chronic Disease Self Management Support program aims to cover key content areas including:
- current health care burden of chronic diseases
- high risk population groups
- strategies to reduce the impact of chronic disease
- models of self management
- motivational interviewing and barriers to behaviour change
- goal setting and lifestyle issues
- chronic disease self management planning education, communication and documentation
- health care communication frameworks
- professional, legal and ethical issues to consider
- resources and support
- chronic disease individualised self management care plan.
The Chronic Disease Support Program is a nationally accredited program and is fully funded by the federal Department of Health under the Ear and Hearing Health Project.
The Chronic Disease Support Program has been endorsed by the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA) according to approved quality standards criteria. Successful completion of this educational activity entitles eligible participants to claim 12 CPD hours.
(Saturday) 8:45 am - 4:30 pm AEST
The Glen Hotel
The Benchmarque Group