REGISTER: Click here to register. Please RSVP no later than 8 February. Brisbane South PHN is creating a new and free Community of Practice (CoP)
REGISTER: Click here to register. Please RSVP no later than 8 February.
Brisbane South PHN is creating a new and free Community of Practice (CoP) to support health practitioners with a keen interest in learning more about their role in assisting participants to access and gain supports through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
All primary health care professionals and other interested services are invited to join the first meeting of the new NDIS CoP and learn more about the role of primary care in the NDIS. Attendees will become more confident in accessing correct NDIS information, resources and services while also providing input into the ongoing format of this CoP and identifying the types of support that primary health practitioners would most value from Brisbane South PHN.
Community Access and Transition Service Inc CEO Katrina Johnson will share her experience with the NDIS as a service provider, and provide tips on navigating and transitioning to the new system. She will cover:
- understanding the NDIS as a provider – the framework and how it is operationalised
- what it’s like working under the NDIS and their processes – the real experiences of both providers and participants
- how to prepare and work with clients for the NDIS – Preparing for the Planning meeting and the importance of the NDIS Price Guide and Categories
- what has worked well for their service; what has not worked well in the transition to the scheme
- some changes they are seeing in Approved Plans and what this may mean moving forward.
Dinner will be provided.
For more information about the Brisbane South PHN CoP please visit our website.
For more information about this event please contact Events Coordinator Raquel McCready by phoning 07 3864 7522 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm AEST
Brisbane South PHN