Brisbane South PHN is free Chronic Pain and the Changes to Codeine Scheduling Session for General Practitioners and Pharmacists. The event will enable participants to: analyse a framework of management strategies
Brisbane South PHN is free Chronic Pain and the Changes to Codeine Scheduling Session for General Practitioners and Pharmacists.
The event will enable participants to:
- analyse a framework of management strategies for patients with chronic pain
- manage opioid dependent patients in the light of pending codeine re-scheduling in 2018
- recognise the adjunctive role of analgesics in osteoarthritis
- develop and agree on an individualised osteoarthritis management plan with a patient
- provide a forum for mutual understanding around chronic pain management amongst doctors and pharmacists.
The event will conclude with a panel discussion to articulate best practice strategies for primary care patients
Key note speakers include:
- Dr Aston Wan, Director and Specialist Pain Physician, Persistent Pain Management Service, Division of Rehabilitation, Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Dr Geraldine Chew, Addiction Medicines Specialist
- Joyce McSwan, Clinical Director of the Gold Coast Primary Health Network Persistent Pain Program.
Dinner will be provided.
To register please click here. Please RSVP no later than 23 November 2017.
For more information about this event please contact Events Coordinator Raquel McCready by phoning 07 3864 7522 or emailing email@example.com
Click here to download the flyer.
(Thursday) 6:15 pm - 8:30 pm
The Glen Hotel
Corner Logan Road and Gaskell Street, Eight Mile Plains Qld 4113
Brisbane South PHNevents@bsphn.org.au First Floor, Building 20, Garden City Office Park, 2404 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains Qld 4113