The Institute for Urban Indigenous Health (IUIH) is holding free Cultural Awareness Training for General Practitioners and health services.The next session has an aim of turning good intentions into culturally
The Institute for Urban Indigenous Health (IUIH) is holding free Cultural Awareness Training for General Practitioners and health services.
The next session has an aim of turning good intentions into culturally safe practice. Completion of this training meets the Practice Incentive Program Indigenous Health Incentive Requirement. Additionally, IUIH now has the availability to facilitate RACGP accredited in-house TGIICS training.
This activity has been approved by the RACGP QI&CPD Program in the 2017-19 triennium 6 Category 2 points (Activity: 107417). Lunch will be provided. This activity is supported by funding from the Brisbane South PHN.
Areas that the training will cover include:
- equipping GPs and health services with practical tools
- defining and developing culturally safe practice
- history and its impact on health service engagement
- policy context – opportunities and barriers
- current incentives for GP practices
- closing the Gap initiatives – support available
- community controlled health services: IUIH Model of Care
- barriers to access, engagement, and followup
To register, email email@example.com or call 0429 324 277.
Click here to download the event flyer.
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Mission Australia Inala
37 Kulgun Circuit, Inala
Brisbane South PHNevents@bsphn.org.au First Floor, Building 20, Garden City Office Park, 2404 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains Qld 4113