- 20 Dec 2022
- 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Voluntary Assisted Dying in Brisbane South – The role of primary care
Queensland Health, Metro South Health and Brisbane South PHN invite Brisbane south’s GPs, Residential Aged Care Facility staff and home care providers, to join a webinar with a panel of speakers from the Voluntary Assisted Dying Unit and Metro South Health.
Voluntary assisted dying (VAD) will be available in Queensland from 1 January 2023. During this webinar participants will learn how voluntary assisted dying is being implemented to support the delivery of high quality, safe and compassionate VAD services in the State, as well as key issues for the Brisbane south region.
TOPICS and GUEST SPEAKERS:
- Introduction to the VAD process and the role of healthcare workers in QLD – Haley McNamara, Clinical Policy Manager, VAD Unit
- QVAD Support and Pharmacy Service – Prof. Liz Reymond, Director QVAD
- Metro South Health VAD Support Unit – Helen Waters, Nurse Manager MSH VAD SU
- Resources for the primary care sector – Dr Fabian Jaramillo, Director MSH VAD SU
- Q&A session – all panelists