- 31 Jan 2023
- 9:00 am - 12:00 am
Walk with me: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with Autistic Adults
Date: 24 & 31 January 2023
Time: 10.00am – 1.00pm AEDT | 9.00am-12.00pm AEST
Format: 2x 3-hour zoom workshops
Many social work and allied health practitioners will work with autistic people during their practice, and it is essential that they have insight and training regarding best practice for working with autistic adults.
Join accredited social workers, Johanna Malcolm and Toni Hanna, for a two-part interactive workshop that will offer participants unique insight into how autistic people experience the world around them and ways to build an ACT approach into their practice with clients.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
• Understand the unique way in which Autistic people experience the world
• Understand how to work in neuro-affirming ways
• Define the different areas of psychological flexibility
• Identify the benefits of using ACT with Autistic adults
• Experience the effects of a simple ACT exercise as both the client and practitioner through role-play
• Develop an understanding of how ACT strategies/exercises function, and start to create your own ACT toolbox
6 hours of CPD activity. Category 2, skills and knowledge training.
AASW Credential: Disability, Mental Health (FPS)