- 06 Jun 2022
- 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Working Better with Borderline Personality Disorder with a DBT Lens
This FREE training for GPs and practice nurses will give you the basics of understanding Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), practical ideas and more confidence in working with people with this disorder, informed by the extensive experience of the trainers.
The training will cover:
- key features of BPD and an overview of how Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) conceptualises emotional dys-regulation – how this can change our understanding and approach to patients
- recognising the patient with BPD and having options to respond more effectively to their care needs- assessment, pharmacotherapy, treatment pathways and comorbidities
- practical clinical engagement strategies and techniques to implement that will work better with this population- why ‘practice as usual’ may not work
- a foundation in a risk assessment system for responding to presentations with suicidality and non-suicidal self-injury and communicating risk to other providers and your documentation
- responding to problematic behaviours effectively such as those interfering with the clinician and practice functioning
- An opportunity for General Practitioners and practice nurses questions to be answered
This online webinar is for General Practitioners and practice nurses working in the Brisbane South region wanting CPD opportunities in mental health and Borderline Personality Disorder in particular. This education is a CPD Activity under the RACGP CPD Program. GPs Please provide your RACGP number when registering to be allocated points for this activity.
COVID-permitting a follow up training session for General Practitioners and practice nurses will be delivered on 11 June 2022 at Brisbane South PHN office (Eight Mile Plains) for those seeking a deeper level of skill and knowledge in this area (This education is a CPD Accredited Activity under the RACGP CPD Program) – attendance at this online DBT webinar is a prerequisite.
Training is delivered by Metro South DBT Workforce Development Officers, Kathy Madson and Monique Kofler and an intensively trained DBT therapist from DBT Brisbane and medical practitioner with 27 years’ experience in public mental health care, Dr Chris May.
Kathy Madson Monique Kofler Dr Chris May
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email. You will then receive an email with the webinar link and more information at least 7 days prior to your scheduled session. Should you not receive this email in that timeframe please contact Susan Lingard at Brisbane South PHN via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3864 7593.