This seminar, hosted by AMA Queensland, will focus on Workplace Policies and Risk Management. Workplace policies form an important part of risk management in the employment framework.
This seminar, hosted by AMA Queensland, will focus on Workplace Policies and Risk Management.
Workplace policies form an important part of risk management in the employment framework. They are the documents that allow the organisation to establish the standards specific to the operation in a flexible way that changes and grows with the organisation. Many employers fail to implement policies or they pick up template policies and use them without understanding how they apply.
The first session will examine the set-up of a policy framework including:
- how policies interact with other employment framework documents;
- how policies are formed to be effective for the employer;
- things to consider when you are preparing a policy;
- how to effectively implement policies; and
- how to rely on them in managing employees.
The second session discuss risk management essentials for private practice. In this session Paul Copeland will step through common risks to your medical practice and methods to minimise and navigate risks appropriately. When considering risks in a private practice, there are many areas which are not always front of mind. To be successful financially, a practice needs to mitigate and manage its risks which can be done through:
- appropriate insurances;
- relevant internal controls;
- correct structuring;
- and behaviour management.
- Michelle Cowan, Senior Industrial Officer, AMA Queensland
- Paul Copeland, Director, William Buck
Time: start 9:00 am, finish 12 noon. Please refer to flyer for event cost
Register: Please click on flyer to register AMAQueensland_PPS2_Flyer
(Thursday) 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
East Leagues Club
$110-$150 (morning tea provided)