Anglicare Southern Queensland has recently commenced wound clinics in the community to deliver evidence-based care for clients and their families to better manage and prevent this serious health problem. The Wound
Anglicare Southern Queensland has recently commenced wound clinics in the community to deliver evidence-based care for clients and their families to better manage and prevent this serious health problem.
The Wound Clinics located at Meadowbrook and Stafford are led by experienced nurses with a passion for wound care. Our nurses work collaboratively to develop personalised, evidence-based treatment plans for clients.
Anglicare is offering an opportunity to expand your wound management knowledge by inviting you to our wound education program over six weeks. This didactic and hands on program is designed to provide you with up-to-date information, tools and strategies to improve outcomes for clients living with wounds in the community setting.
SPEAKER: Dr Michelle Gibb is the Director and founder of Wound Specialist Services Pty Ltd. Michelle is a nurse practitioner with extensive experience in wound management and is well known both nationally and internationally for her expertise in the field.
- To understand the anatomy and physiology of wound repair and the body’s response to injury
- To identify factors that may impact on wound healing
- To develop skills in the assessment of a wound and how to perform a holistic client assessment
- To identify, treat and prevent common wound types
- To recognise when to refer clients
- To examine dressing products and how to select and use them
- To understand and demonstrate bandages and their role in retention, support and compression
Six week Program
- Introduction to wound care
- Principles of wound care
- Dressing selection
- Principles of assessment, management & prevention of common wound types
- Lower limb ulcers
- Introduction to bandaging
REGISTER: To register your attendance email firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE: Tuesday 15 January – 19 February 2019
TIMES: Tuesdays 2:00 – 4:00pm
VENUE: Bethania Community Centre, 88-118 Station Road, Bethania
(Tuesday) 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Bethania Community Centre