- 29 Sep 2022
- 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Perform Blood Collection
To apply – CLICK HERE
This program is designed to promote the best practice outcomes for patient care and the safety of the clinician.
The program includes a half-day face-to-face workshop, in-class activities assessed by a qualified assessor, a mandatory third party observed workplace activity, and online assessment completed via accessIQ. Workplace observed practice is a mandatory requirement for this course, work place practice must be observed by a supervisor that performs the identified tasks as part of their role. To learn more please click here to view the program page.
On completion of this course the student should be able to:
• Identify and obtain clinical and personal relevant data for blood collection
• Choose the appropriate equipment for blood collection
• Perform the blood collection procedure
• Discuss the considerations that influence the correct selection of blood collection equipment including size and type of needle and collection site
• Perform post blood collection procedures including patient care, documentation and follow up
• Trouble shoot problems
• Discuss and manage possible complications.
For further information, please contact us on email@example.com or 1300 855 568.