- 28 Sep 2022
- 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Perform Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation
To apply – CLICK HERE
This program includes a half-day face-to-face workshop, in-class activities assessed by a qualified assessor, a mandatory observed workplace activity, and online assessment completed via accessIQ. Workplace observed practice is a mandatory requirement for this course, work place practice must be observed by a supervisor that performs the identified tasks as part of their role. To learn more please click here to view the program page.
On completion of this course the student should be able to:
• Assess the need for cannulation and correctly identify pathology requests and client
• Perform a cannulation procedure
• Choose the appropriate size cannula
• Discuss the considerations that influence the correct selection of intravenous cannula size and insertion site
• Demonstrate the technique of peripheral intravenous cannula insertion, including securing the cannula insitu
• Manage the cannula until the time it is no longer required and removal of the cannula is to be performed
• Safely remove the IV cannula.
For further information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 855 568.