Opening on Tuesday 22 August, the new headspace Woolloongabba centre has been designed in collaboration with young people aged 12 to 25 years to offer comprehensive support for mental health and wellbeing in a comfortable and accessible environment. It features state-of-the-art counselling rooms, family and General Practitioner (GP) spaces, as well as an outdoor deck.
headspace provides early intervention support to young people across 4 key areas:
- mental health
- physical health (including access to GPs and sexual health)
- alcohol and other drugs
- work and study support.
How to refer a young person to headspace
To refer to headspace Woolloongabba, service providers, GPs and government departments need to:
- complete the referral form and return by email, fax or post to make sure that the young person being referred is suitable for headspace services
- provide a copy of the young person’s Mental Health Care Plan (if available) with the referral form
- include the young person’s signature in the referral (if possible). A guide on how to do this electronically is available here.
Clinical Managers assess all incoming referrals and provide advice to GPs on whether a young person will be accepted.
Contact headspace Woolloongabba
- Phone: 07) 3249 2222
- Fax: 07) 3038 3090
- Email: headspace.Woolloongabba@stride.com.au
- Post: PO Box 6042, Woolloongabba QLD 4102
- Web: headspace.org.au/woolloongabba
Additional service information for referrers
- A dietitian is available onsite who can bill under Medicare. Eating Disorder Treatment Plans (EDTP), Chronic Disease Management Plans (CDMP), or Team Care Arrangements (TCA) are accepted.
- Access to co-located AOD support is available via Clarence Street – Mater Young Adult Health Centre. No formal referral or plan is required.
- Please note, psychiatry services are currently unavailable onsite at headspace Woolloogabba.
Information current as of 3 August 2023.