Interdisciplinary Health Practitioner Network (IHPN)
Supporting collaboration in primary care
The Interdisciplinary Health Practitioner Network (West Brisbane) is a pilot project in partnership with Allied Health Professions Australia (AHPA) and Mental Health Professionals Network (MHPN).
The target audience consists of primary care practitioners who are managing patients living with multimorbid conditions including General Practitioners, practice nurses, allied health professionals and pharmacists.
The IHPN aims to foster a forum for practitioners from a range of disciplines to connect, build relationships, provide peer support and improve referral pathways – with a focus on complex and comorbid conditions.
The anticipated outcomes of this network are:
- practitioners will have the opportunity to access interactive, interdisciplinary professional development which addresses long-term, proactive management of multiple long-term conditions
- participating practitioners increase their awareness of other health professional/disciplines fields of expertise
- increased interdisciplinary correspondence, consultation and client referrals between participating practitioners
- increased interdisciplinary networking between participating practitioners.
Network meetings provide a forum for practitioners from a range of disciplines to connect, build relationships, provide peer support and improve chronic disease referral pathways.
Meetings are currently held in Middle Park, in the western suburbs of Brisbane. Enter your contact details here to receive meeting invitations for the West Brisbane network to your inbox.
Previous meeting topics have included:
- Managing chronic disease and mental health: a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Multimorbidity in primary care – from research to practice.
- Chronic disease: More than paperwork.
- Lung disease – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and lung cancer, including evidence-based interventions, resources and programs.
- Persistent pain.
For more information about the Interdisciplinary Health Practitioner Network Project please visit the website ihpn.org.au or contact the Brisbane South PHN Workforce Development team by emailing email@example.com.