Vaccine resources for your community
On this page:
- Eligibility and preparation for the vaccine
- Resource links
- Frequently asked questions
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccinations
Eligibility and preparation for the COVID-19 vaccine
When will different groups get a COVID-19 vaccine?
Learn about the COVID-19 vaccination program phases and priority groups here on the Australian Government Department of Health website.
- Check by using the Eligibility Tracker
- People who are currently eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine can book an appointment at a vaccination location in Queensland
- Call 134 COVID (13 42 68) 24 hours, 7 days a week for:
- information on the vaccine
- assistance with vaccination bookings or appointment enquiries
- for help understanding this information or to ask for an interpreter – it is free.
How to prepare for your COVID-19 vaccination
- A patient factsheet about preparing for COVID-19 vaccination.
A series of fact sheets about COVID-19 vaccines in Easy Read format
Information and resources for people with disability, including resources translated into AUSLAN
Find vaccine information in your patient’s preferred language
Resources for Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, COMIRNATY
- COVID-19 vaccination – Information on COVID-19 Pfizer (COMIRNATY) vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccination – After your Pfizer (COMIRNATY) vaccine
Resources for AstraZeneca vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccination – Information on COVID-19 AstraZeneca vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccination – After your AstraZeneca vaccine
- Patient information sheet on AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine and thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS)
- COVID-19 vaccination – Weighing up the potential benefits against risk of harm from COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca
Frequently asked questions about vaccines
We have provided answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about COVID-19 vaccines. The links below are updated frequently.
- With new COVID-19 vaccine developments every day, it’s normal to face questions or concerns from patients about getting a vaccine. The Department of Health have compiled accurate, evidence-based answers to common questions about COVID-19 vaccines here on their website.
- From the Queensland Government, see their comprehensive list of Q&As about the COVID-19 vaccines, vaccine safety, effectiveness and more.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccinations
You can get an immunisation history statement to show proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. See the Services Australia website for more information. You can either use:
- Your Medicare online account through myGov
- Medicare mobile app
- Call the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809. You will need either a Medicare number or an IHI number.
- If you can’t get proof of your COVID vaccination via the options above, ask your vaccination provider to print your immunisation history statement for you.
See also our page on COVID-19 Outbreaks, Testing and Management for your community