Brisbane South PHN is supporting the Australian Government’s COVID-19 vaccination rollout across our region. We are working closely with Commonwealth, state and local government-level planning groups, and community leaders of priority populations, to ensure a coordinated, timely, equitable and trustworthy vaccine rollout.
On this page
- Quicklinks for health service providers
- Vaccine information
- National vaccine rollout information
- Queensland vaccine rollout plan
- Helpful links
Vaccine information portal
The Australian Government has created a portal containing news and information about the development, approval process and plans for rolling out COVID-19 vaccines.
National vaccination information
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The COVID-19 Vaccination Policy will guide the rollout of safe and effective vaccines to all Australians.
National Rollout Strategy
The rollout of COVID-19 vaccines commenced on 21 February 2021. The Australian Government aims to have as many people vaccinated as possible in 2021. Identified priority groups are the first people to be receiving vaccines and includes Residential Aged Care Facility residents, frontline health workers and quarantine staff.
Queensland rollout plan
The Queensland Government is working alongside the Australian Government to rollout the COVID-19 vaccine to all Queenslanders.
The vaccine rollout will happen in 5 stages and aims to:
- protect our most vulnerable community members
- protect and maintain our robust health system
- contain COVID-19 at our international borders by protecting priority frontline health care, border, and quarantine workers.
Vaccination program information
- Vaccine eligibility checker
Find out when it might be your turn to get vaccinated against COVID-19
- Getting vaccinated for COVID-19
Learn about getting vaccinated for COVID-19, including how the vaccine will be rollout out.
- Queensland Government COVID-19 vaccine information fact sheet.
Covers topics such as:
- How is the vaccine given?
- Who can get the vaccine?
- Is the vaccine safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women?
How vaccines are tested and approved
- About COVID-19 vaccines in Queensland
Information about the two vaccines that will be available in Queensland: Pfizer from late February and AstraZeneca from March.
- COVID-19 vaccine safety surveillance.
AusVaxSafety is conducting national COVID-19 vaccine safety surveillance in Australia. This is to ensure the ongoing safety of COVID-19 vaccines used in Australia to promote provider and public confidence in the vaccination program.
Information for specific populations