Child, youth and family
With rates of developmentally vulnerable children higher in our region compared with the national average, the Brisbane South PHN has identified child and youth health and wellbeing as a regional health care priority. We are working with health care services and progressing initiatives to improve child health and development and address primary health issues impacting on family wellbeing.
Children in care
Children and young people in care are a highly vulnerable group with increased physical, mental and social health needs and with limited access to health care services.
It is recommended that children in care have:
- a preliminary health check within 30 days of entering care
- a comprehensive health and developmental assessment within 3 months of entering care and annually thereafter
- a health management plan
To support your practice to do this, out-of-home care health assessment templates are available to download into your software on SpotOnHealth HealthPathways (via Children and Young People in Care) or directly through Children’s Health Queensland.
Brisbane South PHN is always looking for General Practitioners (GPs) with a particular interest in working with children in care and trauma-informed practice. We offer a broad range of training, education and peer-support opportunities to GPs interested in undertaking professional development in this field. If you want to find out more, please contact us.
GPLO Maternity Shared Care Team Metro South
The Metro South GPLO Maternity Shared Care team are based at Logan Hospital and work with Metro South Maternity services and GPs across the hospital catchments.
Click here for further information about the team and becoming a Shared Care GP.
Click here for information on GP Maternity Share Care Education and resources.
- For your practice
- For your patients/clients
- In our communities
- Care and treatment of patients with COVID-19
- COVID-19 vaccinations
- Mental health and wellbeing through COVID-19
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Residential Aged Care Facilities and COVID-19
- SpotOnHealth HealthPathways
- Supporting vulnerable populations
- Testing patients for COVID-19
- Updates and alerts
- Winter wellness flu and COVID-19