About MyMedicare (Voluntary Patient Registration)
Brisbane South PHN welcome the introduction of MyMedicare (voluntary patient registration), for general practices. We believe MyMedicare will be an important enabler for continuity of care and better health equity.
We have been working with community and general practices in our region to help better understand and prepare for this introduction, and we are here to support your practice in its transition to MyMedicare.
How to register your practice
To register your practice, you must:
- make sure you are eligible
- link an organisation in PRODA to Health Professional Online Services (HPOS).
- access the Organisation Register in HPOS to:
- register your practice
- link your eligible providers.
MyMedicare practice registration – Frequently asked questions
Help with registration is available at Services Australia Health Professional Education Resources
For further assistance with the registration process you can contact Services Australia on 132 150.
How to register your patients
Patient registration for MyMedicare is now open.
To be eligible to register for MyMedicare patients must have either:
- a Medicare card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Veteran Card.
Most patients will need to have 2 face-to-face visits recorded with the same practice in the previous 24 months to be eligible to register with that practice. There are some exemptions to this requirement. For more information on eligibility please visit the Department of Health and Aged Care MyMedicare website.
There are a number of ways patients can register with your practice in MyMedicare:
- Patients can register via their Medicare Online Account or the Express Plus Medicare mobile application. Practice staff will then accept the registration in the MyMedicare system.
- Your practice may start the registration in MyMedicare. This will trigger a registration in your patients’ Medicare Online Account or Express Plus Medicare mobile application, which they can then complete.
- You may provide patients with the patient registration form to fill out at your practice. By signing the form, patients are giving consent to participate in MyMedicare with your practice. Practice staff will then complete the registration in the MyMedicare system.
A registration in MyMedicare is only successful when both the patient and practice have provided consent to formalise their relationship through one of the processes noted above.
For information on patient registration, including benefits, eligibility, frequently asked questions and how to register, visit the Department of Health and Aged Care website Information for MyMedicare patients.
MyMedicare patient registration – Frequently asked questions
Download the MyMedicare Patient Registration Form
Free resources and learning materials for MyMedicare
We have worked with national subject matter experts to develop online modules, resources and practical tools to facilitate better understanding of your practice population and supply and demand. These resources are available free from our online learning platform DiscoverPHN.
For support, email email@example.com.