About Brisbane South PHN
Brisbane South PHN plays a key role in working with a range of primary health care services and health professionals, service providers and the community to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of services for patients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes.
Our efforts are focused on improving the system for everyone – individuals, families, communities, health professionals, key stakeholders and the primary health sector.
We support the primary health sector in a number of ways:
- we provide support services so health service providers can be better placed to deliver care to patients, keeping them healthy and out of hospital
- we provide workforce development through training and education
- we work with practices to understand and use eHealth systems
- through careful analysis and planning, we help to identify and address health service gaps
- we work with others to purchase or commission health services for local groups most in need, including patients with complex chronic conditions or mental illness.
When there’s a baby on the way, you can count on lots of people who want you and bub to be happy and healthy; from doctors, specialists and midwives, to translators, community workers and other parents and bubs.
Brisbane South PHN have developed some resources about COVID-19 (coronavirus) for general practices in our region. These resources will be updated continuously in response to the evolving nature of the situation.
SpotOnHealth HealthPathways provides clinicians in the greater Brisbane south catchment with web-based information outlining the assessment, management and referral of more than 550 conditions.
Discover PHN is our new learning and collaboration portal, with everything you need for your online training needs in one place. Access learning modules, resources, or register for professional development events here.