MyMedicare preference settings allow your practice to manage new patient-initiated pending registrations. These are requests submitted from patients via their Medicare Online Account.
Managing MyMedicare preference settings
The MyMedicare preferences will appear initially when your practice adds MyMedicare as a program in the Organisation Register. If you do not select a preference, it will default to 'Manually Accept/Decline'.
Steps to follow
To manage your practice's patient list MyMedicare preference settings:
- navigate to the MyMedicare tile in HPOS and view the patient list
- select the 'Preferences' button
- select the Organisation site from the list (if you are managing more than one site)
- select the preferred registration type from the following:
- Auto-accept – automatically accepts patient-initiated MyMedicare registrations submitted from eligible patients to your practice
- Auto-decline* – automatically declines patient-initiated MyMedicare registrations submitted from eligible patients to your practice
- Manually Accept/Decline – code accept or decline for each pending patient-initiated MyMedicare registration, submitted from eligible patients to your practice.
- once a preference has been chosen, select 'Confirm'.
If auto-decline is selected, the auto-decline reason drop-down box will appear, prompting you to select one of the following:
- practice closing
- practice at capacity
- other, patient to contact practice.
Additional practice support
For more support with MyMedicare, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional MyMedicare information and resources are available on the Health Professional Education Resources website.
MyMedicare resources for patients
To help your patients understand or to register in MyMedicare, there are new Department of Health and Aged Care videos on the Resources for MyMedicare patients page.
You can also find fact sheets and frequently asked questions on the same page.