An education evening exploring the complexities and challenges of maintaining and protecting the skin integrity of our older patients. A minor traumatic injury in an older adult can potentially become a major long-term wound requiring complex care and multiple resources, causing frustration, pain and reliance on medical and nursing services.
Whether you are a beginner or veteran, you will find this evening relevant, interesting and informative.
In-person and livestream options for members of Wounds Australia.
In-person option only for non-members.
- Benign skin lesions in elder patients and inflammatory skin conditions in older adults
- Pressure injury prevention and management in older adults
- The WRAP: Wound Resource Action Plan (evidence-based wound management in a rehabilitation setting)
- Dr Michael Cao, Dermatology Registrar, QLD Institute of Dermatology and Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Jenny Kohlhardt, Clinical Nurse Consultant, Geriatric and Rehabilitation Unit, Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Tracy Nowicki, Clinical Nurse Consultant, Prince Charles Hospital
PRINCESS ALEXANDRA HOSPITAL Russell Strong Auditorium Ipswich Rd, Woolloongabba