Brisbane South PHN in partnership with Metro South Addiction and Mental Health Services
This will be an experiential and practical in person workshop giving real world and evidence based strategies based in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. Strategies you can apply straight away to improve engagement, care and interventions for those with Borderline Personality Disorder and keep your own sanity for time poor GPs. You will also have a better understanding of the treatment options for this population.
This 1 day in person training will cover:
- Key features of BPD, teasing apart co-occurring diagnoses and having ideas how to approach managing multiple diagnoses, including what role pharmacotherapy can play
- The Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) understanding of BPD and emotional dysregulation, and how to apply this. And what is DBT really?
- What is a dialectic and why they are useful in working well with people with BPD
- Clinical approaches and interview skills that are also therapeutic and doable by any clinician
- Learn practical DBT skills to use with distressed or emotional clients
- A practical explanation of an abbreviated behaviour chain analysis and why & how I can use this in my practice
- Chronic suicidality and non-suicidal self injury- identification and evidence based responses
- Q&A session- chance to hear from and ask questions of people with lived experience; from the presenters with experience of public and private sector work, including a medical officer, all specialising in working with BPD and affiliated disorders.
All training is delivered by Metro South DBT Workforce Development Officers, Kathy Madson and Monique Kofler who together have over 35 years of experience in providing DBT and supporting health professionals in this work. Together with a medical practitioner & intensively trained DBT therapist from DBT Brisbane Dr Chris May, bringing 27 years experience in public mental health care and now private practice therapy.
For those wishing to attend this course, attendance at a 90 minute webinar (Working Better with Borderline Personality Disorder with a DBT Lens) is a prerequisite. Click the link to register for your preferred date:
Brisbane South PHN, Garden City Office Park, Building 20, 2404 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113. Ground Floor - Stradbroke and Moreton rooms. Free parking available.
For further details contact Melita Williams at Brisbane South PHN via email@example.com or 07 3864 7597.
This education is a CPD Activity under the RACGP CPD Program and also as a specific requirement for Mental Health CPD.
GP members of ACRRM and RANZCOG can self-record this activity via their relevant CPD portal ACRRM and RANZCOG. Practice Nurses will receive a certificate of attendance for reporting CPD eligibility.