Designed to support GPs to support patients in sustainable ways.
Facilitated by qualified and experienced allied health professionals, including psychologists and mental health social workers. Attendees will learn from subject matter experts to expand their knowledge around self-care, managing stress, avoiding compassion fatigue, and burnout.
Attendees will learn about and understand:
- The reality of impacts of stress and secondary trauma in General Practice
- The importance of self-care in General Practitioners and medical centres
- The impact of stress on the nervous system
- How the human nervous system responds to stress and self-compassion
- Combating stress using cognitive and physiological strategies
- Strategies to identify symptoms of compassion fatigue
- Psychological capital, self-care, and burnout prevention
- Barriers and challenges to self-care and self-compassion in General Practice
- Embedding these workshop learnings in everyday General Practice
Duration: 3 hour workshop with Q&A and breakout discussions included