Brisbane South PHN in partnership with Metro South Addiction and Mental Health Services
This FREE CPD Activity under the RACGP CPD Program for GPs and practice nurses will give you the basics of understanding Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), practical ideas and more confidence in working with people with this disorder, informed by the extensive experience of the trainers.
The training will cover:
- key features of BPD and an overview of how Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) conceptualises emotional dys-regulation - how this can change our understanding and approach to patients
- recognising the patient with BPD and having options to respond more effectively to their care needs- assessment, pharmacotherapy, treatment pathways and comorbidities
- practical clinical engagement strategies and techniques to implement that will work better with this population- why ‘practice as usual’ may not work
- a foundation in a risk assessment system for responding to presentations with suicidality and non-suicidal self-injury and communicating risk to other providers and your documentation
- responding to problematic behaviours effectively such as those interfering with the clinician and practice functioning
- An opportunity for General Practitioners and practice nurses questions to be answered
This is a free online webinar. After registration you will receive an email with the webinar link and more information at least 7 days prior to your scheduled session. Should you not receive this email in that timeframe please contact Melita Williams at Brisbane South PHN via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3864 7597.
Please note: A follow up one day training session for General Practitioners and pracitce nurses will be delivered on 11 May 2024 at Brisbane South PHN Offices. This online DBT webinar is a prerequisite.